Have you ever been surfing online, and out of nowhere, your internet gets disconnected? Everyone has seen the annoying, no internet page in chrome. But did you know there is a built-in game on this page? That little dinosaur is there for a reason. He wants to play. The dinosaur game was introduced into chrome in 2014, but most people have yet to learn about it.
How to play
Do you want to play the dinosaur game? Shut your internet off and find out. Nah, seriously, though, next time your internet goes out, and you get this page, press the space bar or the up arrow key on your keyboard. Just tapping the screen on a tablet or phone works too. You can check it out online by typing chrome://dino into the address bar.
Tips and Tricks
- Timing is key. The dinosaur will jump automatically, but you’ll need to time your jumps correctly to avoid obstacles. Try to anticipate the timing of each obstacle and jump just before it reaches you.
- Watch out for pterodactyls. Pterodactyls will fly across the screen, and you’ll need to duck under them by pressing the down arrow key.
- Stay focused. The game will become faster and more challenging as you progress, so it’s important to stay focused and avoid distractions.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Don’t get too fixated on your score or distance traveled. Instead, keep your eyes on the road ahead and concentrate on avoiding obstacles.
- Practice makes perfect. The more you play the game, the better you’ll become. So, keep playing and don’t give up!
There is even a website where you can compete with others for high scores called chromedino.com.
An even more incredible site is within google. Click this link to play the game or use the dropdown to play numerous other games like Mario bros. Chrome can even install an extension to play games anytime through your browser. They are a great time waster. Back in my day, we had to play solitaire or minesweeper when the internet went down; how times have changed.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1 thought on “Did you know Chrome has a built-in dinosaur game?”
My highscore is 797. Has anyone beat that?